Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 

Pink Shoe Envy Almost Killed Me.

My envy of Marcia at Pink Shoe deepens with her review of The Hold Steady show in Cleveland. Hold Steady is my favorite band working today. Though it sounds like I damn them with faint praise, in fact I like them a lot. Throw Bruce Springsteen, hip-hop phrasing, crunching guitars, beat poetry readings and Larry Clark's Kids into a mixer and the resultant concoction is The Hold Steady.

Life circumstances aren't letting me get anywhere near a rock show these days. If you are as domesticated as I am, check out this video of "Chillout Tent" made as an entry for the band's video contest.


It's the best I've seen of the sumissions, though the embedded Quicktime player keeps crashing so I haven't seen many.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?